Simple Picture Gallery Manager is a very old picture gallery. It is small and fast and we like it, but it won't suit everyone. Our package integrates SPGM into the front end of Joomla and includes an administrative back-end, providing a simple but complete gallery solution. The latest version of SPGM uses modern HTML techniques and is now fully responsive.
SPGM was originally written by Sylvain Pajot and can still be found on SourceForge, but the original SPGM does not integrate into Joomla and does not have an administrative interface. We maintain this package because SPGM is just too good to abandon.
SPGM is simple. Galleries are simply directories which contain pictures, sub-galleries (sub-directories), and thumbnails. SPGM does not use the database. It is highly configurable, so many different layouts are possible - see the user guide for more details and some examples.
There's a small gallery here to demonstrate the front end.
Features of the Front End
- Simple. Galleries are merely directories which contain pictures, sub-galleries (sub-directories), and thumbnails. SPGM does not use the database.
- Responsive. Automatically adjusts to any screen width.
- Supports jpg, png, and gif images.
- Gallery/picture captioning
- Infinite sub-galleries
- Several sort options for both pictures and galleries
- Random or fixed thumbnails used for gallery previews
- New pictures highlighting
- Can display Exif data
- Multi-language support (34 languages)
- Many options for controlling layout and behaviour
Features of the Back End
- Gallery (sub-directory) navigation
- Create and rename galleries
- Upload up to ten files at a time, with optional image resizing, or use FTP for larger quantities
- Automatic thumbnail creation for uploaded files
- Create thumbnails for an entire gallery just by clicking a toolbar button
- Delete and rename image files, with automatic deletion/renaming of associated thumbnail
- Display full size images in a popup window
- Edit text files (e.g. caption files) in-situ, with intelligent updating of file lists
- Dedicated editor for editing SPGM configuration files
- English, French, and Italian translations.
The Admin Interface
The user guide includes full details of installation, gallery creation, and configuration options.
|SPGM for Joomla 2.5 and 3.x|
|SPGM Component||Version 4.00.02|
|SPGM User Guide||Version 4.00|
|SPGM for Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7
The latest version of SPGM only supports Joomla 2.5.5 and above. If you use an older version of Joomla you can download this old version of SPGM. It is no longer being developed but will be available for download until the end of 2014.
|Old SPGM Component||Version 3.07|
|Old SPGM User Guide||Version 3.05|