Payage is a free Joomla component dedicated to the management of payments and payment gateways.
Payage only deals with payments. It is not a shopping cart or a booking system. Payage is simply the best way for Joomla e‑commerce applications to integrate with payment gateways.
- Payage supports any number of gateways and any number of applications.
- It simplifies payment management for business owners.
- It simplifies application code, making applications more reliable.
- It simplifies the process of adding and maintaining payment gateways.
- It simplifies testing and troubleshooting.
- It generates and emails PDF invoices.
- It generates comprehensive reports and charts.
- It has a well documented API.
- It's free and all the gateway addons are free.
Making Payments with Payage
The Payage component manages payments and payment gateways, but it does not have a front end user interface and cannot initiate payments. To accept payments you also need a Payage application. Les Arbres Design currently has five Payage applications:
- The Payage Test Component (below) allows you to make test payments but is not suitable for live sites.
- The Payage Plugin (below) creates simple payment buttons in a Joomla Article or Custom HTML Module.
- FlexiContact Plus can build complex custom forms for payment of fixed or calculated amounts.
- MediaShop manages online sales of software and other downloadable media.
- Rentalot Plus manages online bookings for holiday rental properties.
The Payage Component and the Payage Test Component are free. The other extensions mentioned here are not free.
Payage currently supports the following payment methods:
|Stripe Checkout is a hosted payment page that accepts cards and many other payment methods including iDEAL, Giropay, Bancontact, EPS, Przelewy24, Alipay, SEPA Direct Debit, KLARNA, Sofort, and more.|
|PayPal Checkout allows payment by card or PayPal without leaving your site.|
|An older PayPal integration that redirects users to PayPal for payment. It is still fully supported but new sites should choose PayPal Checkout.|
|Barclaycard ePDQ Essential is a hosted payment page solution that accepts payment by debit and credit cards.|
|Mollie is a popular Dutch payment gateway that accepts cards and many other payment types including iDEAL, Bancontact, Sofort, Bank transfer, Bitcoin, PayPal, and paysafecard.|
|Opayo is the new name for SagePay. Opayo is a hosted payment page that accepts cards and PayPal.|
|WorldPay HTML Redirect Integration is a hosted payment page that accepts payment by debit and credit cards.|
|Authorize.Net allows payment by card without leaving your site, but it is not PSD2 compliant. This gateway is deprecated.|
|Payage also supports manual, or "Offline" payments, where the payment process is completed manually. You can use this to implement payment by bank transfer, phone, cheque, or cash.|
To install Payage, install the Payage Component first, then whichever gateway addon(s) you require. Please read the user guide for information about setting up Payage, and your specific gateway. The Payage test Component is useful for making test payments when setting up a new system.
All users should read the Payage User Guide.
The Payage Developer Guide is only of interest to experienced PHP programmers who wish to use Payage to support payments in their own Joomla components, or who wish to build a new gateway addon.
|Payage Component||Version 6.00|
|Payage Test Component||Version 5.00|
|Payage User Guide||Version 6.00|
|Payage Developer Guide||Version 6.00|
|The LADpdf Plugin - The PDF Library
This plugin installs the open source DomPdf PHP library that enables Payage to send PDF Invoices.
|LADpdf - The PDF Code Library||Version 1.00|
|The Payage Gateway Addons|
|Stripe Gateway for Payage||Version 4.00|
|PayPal Checkout Gateway for Payage||Version 2.00|
|PayPal Standard Gateway for Payage||Version 3.00|
|Offline Gateway for Payage||Version 3.00|
|Mollie Gateway for Payage||Version 4.00|
|Authorize.Net Gateway for Payage||Version 3.00|
|Barclaycard Gateway for Payage||Version 3.00|
|WorldPay Gateway for Payage||Version 3.00|
|Opayo Gateway for Payage||Version 4.00|
|Payage, Old Versions
If you use the extension "Appointment Booking Pro", the latest versions of the Payage Mollie addons won't work. You'll need the older version below. The discontinued gateways may be of interest to Payage gateway developers.
|Old Mollie Gateway for Payage||Version 2.06|
|Payage Discontinued Gateways||Version 1.02|