MediaShop is a solid and reliable solution for selling any kind of files on your Joomla website.
Designed for Reliability
- MediaShop uses Payage to manage its payments and payment gateways. Payage is our free Joomla component dedicated to the management of payments and payment gateways. MediaShop works with PayPal, Skrill, WorldPay, PayPlug, Stripe and BitPay.
- MediaShop performs exhaustive transaction checking to prevent fraud.
- MediaShop logs every detail of any errors or discrepancies so that you can investigate them.
- MediaShop keeps a detailed log of every event for every transaction. Every time a customer visits their download link or downloads a file, MediaShop logs the date, time, filename, file version, and IP address.
Choice of Prices
- Each product can have up to four different prices - because different customers have different needs and different budgets.
- Each price option can have a different time period, and a different number of downloads.
- Selling the same product in different ways is an easy way to satisfy more customers and make more money.
Paid and Free Downloads
- MediaShop also handles free downloads.
- Unless you are a big company with a big marketing budget, it's hard to get customers to buy your paid products. You have to offer some free products to build customer confidence. Good free products get customers onto your sales pages.
- With MediaShop you can easily offer a mixture of free and paid downloads.
- Supports payment with PayPal, Skrill, PayPlug, WorldPay, and Stripe.
- You can have multiple accounts of each type, with different products attached to different (or multiple) accounts.
- Payage supports PayPal secondary email addresses, so you can use a PayPal email address that suits your site.
- Fully automated handling of Paypal eCheck payments.
- There are three different product "Views" that are completely controlled by MediaShop.
- Or you can use the MediaShop Plugin to include "Buy Now" or "Free Download" buttons anywhere in any Joomla article. For example, you can download the MediaShop user guide right here:
- Product pages can show a single product or a group of products.
- Product Groups allow you to sell a number of downloads from a group of products. For example you can sell 5 downloads from a group of 100 products. Or 50 downloads from a group of 10. This page is a Group of three products - the free user guide, the component, and the plugin.
- Product descriptions can include plugins such as photo galleries or media players.
- In the back end you can create, extend, revoke, or refund a transaction.
- Sometimes you need to extend a customer's download period, or give a customer some extra downloads. That's easy, you just find the transaction using the customer's name, email address, or transaction ID, change the expiry date or number of downloads, and click the Save button.
- You can also mark a transaction as refunded or revoked, both of which prevent any further downloads via the customer's download link.
Statistics, Reports, and Charts
- MediaShop collects hit, sales, and download statistics per product per day for both free and non-free products.
- Reports and charts allows you to view and analyse all of this data in lots of different ways.
- It's easy to see what works, and what doesn't.
- Language Support
Both the back and front end use the standard Joomla language file system, but you will need to create your own translation files. For multi-language sites, we supply FaLang content element files.
MediaShop has its own css file, which it loads on all its front end pages. All the page elements have css classes, so if you know css you can style everything to your exact requirements without changing the extension itself. All the buttons used in MediaShop can be configured with text or images. Customer emails are configurable using a template system.
Like all our products, MediaShop is fully documented in a pdf user guide. The User Guide explains every detail, from getting started to more advanced usage.
- Joomla Versions
MediaShop works on all versions of Joomla from 3.1 onwards.
- Demo Site
This page and many other pages on this site use MediaShop. There are more examples on the MediaShop demo site, where you can also see the administration functions and experiment with most features of MediaShop.
Three Different Puchase Options
We offer a choice of three payment options for MediaShop. The difference is the length of time you get upgrades for, and the level of support. All our products are open source so you can continue to use them for as long as you want. You can read more about that at Downloads and Licensing, and you can check out the version history to see the kinds of features that tend to get added over time.
Updates for 30 days
You can download the software and any updates published in the next 30 days.
Experienced Joomla users can normally install and configure MediaShop without help, but we will not provide support with this option. We will fix bugs but you must provide a detailed analysis of the problem.
Updates for 1 year
You can download the software and all updates published in the next year.
One support incident is included which you can use for advice on configuration, or help if you hit a problem. This does not include custom modification of the code, but we will do our best to help with any kind of problem.
Updates for 2 years
You can download the software and all updates published in the next 2 years.
We will do our best to help with any kind of problem. Officially we limit this to five support incidents to protect ourselves from a small number of users, but the idea is that with this option, we are here to help you.
When you have paid you will be able to download all of the files listed below.
|MediaShop User Guide||Version 7.07|
|MediaShop Component||Version 7.07|
|MediaShop Plugin||Version 5.00|
Questions about our prices and options? Please see Downloads and Licensing.