Plotalot makes it easy to create live charts and place them on your site. You must be able to write the SQL queries to retrieve the data you want to plot, but if you can do that, Plotalot will take the data and use the Google Visualization API to produce many different kinds of charts with numerous formatting options.
These pie charts are drawn live from the Joomla database of this site. Hover your mouse over them:
This chart takes data from the log table generated by our FlexiContactPlus component.
This chart takes data from the Joomla article table, using the query "Select title, hits From jos_content Order By hits Desc Limit 10"
You can display charts on your site using the free Plotalot component, although this page uses the Plotalot Plugin to embed charts in a Joomla article which gives much greater flexibility.
Some more of Plotalot's features:
|Recently Updated Articles|
|Joomla 3.5.1 Email Problem||2016-06-16|
|Payage Gateway Addons||2016-05-10|
|FlexiContact Plus Component||2016-04-24|
|Rentalot Plus Component||2016-04-23|
- Charts can be responsive. Try resizing this page.
- Charts can update without refreshing the page.
- Line graphs, scatter graphs, area charts and more, with multiple plots.
- Horizontal or vertical stacked or grouped bar charts.
- 2D or 3D pie charts, gauges, timelines, bubble charts and combo charts
- Legend at top, bottom, left, right, or none.
- Optional grid.
- Titles and axis labels can be simple text or SQL queries.
- Axis limits can be automatic, fixed, or SQL generated.
- SQL can include various types of variables, e.g. the logged-in user ID, or any GET or POST variables.
- Query the local site database or any other supported database type.
- Build tables with any number of rows and columns. You just specify the SQL query.
- Make dynamic "Single items" that merge seamlessly with article text (Good evening, it's 11:03 PM GMT). You just specify the SQL query.
- No libraries to install, just a normal Joomla component and plugin.
- Charts can be cached as scripts on your server to reduce database load. You just specify the cache time in seconds. The charts on this site are only re-created every ten minutes.
- The Plotalot charting class is a fully documented API that can be built in to your own code to add powerful charting to the back or front end of your own Joomla extensions.
- Fully documented in a PDF user guide packed with details, hints, tips, screen shots, and SQL samples.
Plotalot now uses the Google Visualization API. Older versions of Plotalot used the Google Charts API which is deprecated. Upgrading to the latest version of Plotalot is straightforward and fully explained in the user guide. We no longer support the Google Charts API version.
At the front end, Plotalot is completely language independent. Charts appearing on the site are entirely configured by you.
At the back end, Plotalot can be translated into any language by adding a language file. New translations are welcome and will be added to the product. The following languages are currently included, but most are in need of some updating.