Version 12.10, 22 July 2020
- Fix for an error introduced in version 12.09. The error only occurred if the "Send HTML" option was set to "No".
Version 12.09, 27 June 2020
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 1.
Version 12.08, 9 April 2020
- The Agreement Required link text can now be positioned anywhere in the checkbox label, enabling more correct grammar in some languages.
- Some changes to field error styling.
Version 12.07, 14 January 2020
- Minor CSS improvements.
- German translation updated.
- Tested in Joomla 4 Alpha 12
Version 12.06, 7 October 2019
- Invalid fields and labels now have error styling.
- Russian translation updated.
Version 12.05, 8 May 2019
- Email addresses without a top level domain name (e.g. "fred@gmail"), although theoretically valid and accepted by Joomla, are no longer accepted by the contact form.
- There is now a more specific error message when the select list is mandatory but nothing is selected. This had been a source of confusion for some users
- In the back end, field "prompts" are now referred to as "labels", since this seems to have become the more popular term.
Version 12.04, 2 January 2019
- RSFirewall was showing Flexicontact as a potential threat. Nothing to worry about, but this version removes the line of code that RSFirewall objected to.
Version 12.03, 14 December 2018
- Supports the Joomla Invisible Captcha Plugin introduced in Joomla 3.9.
- Improved handling of various captcha configuration errors.
- The message field width parameter has been removed because specifying a width was non-responsive. The width is now always controlled by the CSS.
- Several fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 5.
Version 12.02, 15 August 2018
- Fixed a bug that in certain circumstances could enable forms to be submitted without selecting a captcha image.
- There's now a specific error message for the name field.
- There's a small CSS fix for some templates.
Version 12.01, 17 July 2018
- You can now configure a log data retention period in days.
- The agreement required check value is now logged with the log data.
Version 12.00, 7 April 2018
- You can now configure the subject lines of the admin and user emails separately, and independantly of the subject line entered by the user, including variables.
- There's one new email variable, %V_SITE_NAME%.
- Css and captcha images are now loaded from /media instead of the component assets directory.
- The original 20 default image captcha images are no longer included - just download the image pack of your choice.
- If you use the image captcha system please check that your captcha images work as expected. You might need to reinstall your image pack.
- Captcha images now have non-blank alt text to improve SEO ranking.
- If you use the Joomla ReCaptcha plugin, it is now centered on the form.
- The name field on the form is now validated more strictly, and restricted to 60 characters.
- In the back end, several configuration pages have been reorganised. The variables list is now on a separate tab and has been reorganised to make it easier to use.
- The Bosnian (bs-BA) and Croatian (hr-HR) language files have been updated.
- The minimum Joomla version is now 3.7.0
Version 11.03, 19 December 2017
- Fixed: Version 11.02 produced a PHP notice error on some servers.
Version 11.02, 15 December 2017
- Now works with Joomla 4.00 alpha (Joomla 4 is not scheduled for release until mid-2018).
- Danish language files updated.
- Themes now load the en-GB theme language if the theme does not have the current site language.
Version 11.01, 3 August 2017
- Fixed: Version 11.00 did not show the default subject on the form.
Version 11.00, 25 July 2017
- The Send button is disabled after the form is submitted to protect against double sending.
- New config option to add the autofocus attribute to the first field.
- New config option to show an extra message at the top of the form if any fields are in error.
- Changes to the front-end CSS for better consistency in various templates.
- The width parameter on the menu item now applies only on large screens. On small screens the width reverts to 100%.
- Improved handling of Joomla session errors, for example when browser cookies are blocked or disabled.
- There is now a built-in trace function to help resolve complex problems.
Version 10.06, 2 June 2017
- Some minor cosmetic improvements and fixes.
- Re-coding of deprecated Joomla functions, in preparation for future Joomla versions.
- The minimum Joomla version required is now 3.4.8.
Version 10.05, 2 February 2017
- There was an error in the configuration validation logic in 10.04.
Version 10.04, 30 January 2017
- The confirmation page can now include variables from the form.
- The first form field now has the html5 "autofocus" attribute.
- Mandatory fields now have the html5 "required" attribute.
- The appearance of the form is now better than ever, with or without bootstrap.css loaded.
Version 10.03, 9 December 2016
- Fix for a PHP Notice error that could occur on some systems with version 10.02.
Version 10.02, 29 November 2016
- The email field on the form is now an html5 email field, which provides a usability improvement on mobile devices.
- When editing an email template, you can now click on a variable name to add it to the template.
- Small change to the handling of update checking.
Version 10.01, 31 October 2016
- Supports the Joomla Update System. Joomla will notify you of new releases, and you can install them with a single click in the Extensions Update Manager.
Version 10.00, 12 October 2016
- Now supports the Joomla ReCaptcha plugin, and compatible third party captcha plugins.
- The captcha configuration has been moved from the menu item to the component back end.
- You can now specify the magic word prompt.
- Installing when you have a captcha image pack installed now does not install the default captcha images.
- Improved form field styles. Some translation updates.
Version 9.02, 21 May 2016
- There is a new menu item option to control the width of the contact form.
- A minor bug fix to load the correct language file for the error message when the admin email address is missing or invalid.
Version 9.01, 7 April 2016
- Fix for Joomla 3.5.1 - more information here.
Version 9.00, 2 April 2016
- Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported.
- The old table-based form has been removed, leaving only the responsive form.
- Greatly improved front-end CSS.
- Admin page layouts updated.
- Updated German translation, and other minor improvements.
Version 8.08, 31 December 2015
- Added a configuration parameter for the Send button class.
- Logging has been upgraded to log more details, especially of the actual email addresses used, which should help with problem resolution.
Version 8.07, 8 October 2015
- Supports administrative access control
- Supports the Joomla Global option to add the site name to the page title.
Version 8.06, 23 March 2015
- Supports the collapsible sidebar in Joomla 3.4
Version 8.05, 10 February 2015
- There is now a "Raw Image Mode" option to solve problems with displaying the captcha images on a few servers
Version 8.04, 19 December 2014
- Label elements on the contact form now have "for" attributes.
- Fixed a bug with the theme selector in the back end image maintenance page.
Version 8.03, 8 September 2014
- Fixed browser detection for IE11.
- Set meta data if specified in the menu item.
- Minor improvements to front end CSS.
Version 8.02, 14 April 2014
- Fixed a bug that showed the wrong error message for the email address field in the responsive view.
Version 8.01, 21 February 2014
- Fix for a warning on Godaddy servers that the contact page was vulnerable to cross site scripting. There was no danger of a successful attack, but this version removes the warning.
Version 8.00, 4 January 2014
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 are no longer supported.
- The list input field has been reinstated.
Older history has been removed.