Version 17.11, 20 October 2020
- The number of multi-period discount levels has been increased from 10 to 15.
- Availability start and end dates can now use Y+n where n is any single digit number from 1 to 9.
- Availability table end dates now select price periods based on the arrival date of the price period, rather than the departure date. So, for example, an availability table end date of Y+1 would now include a price period of the 29th of December to the 2nd of January. In previous releases that price period would not have been included.
- The booking export filename is now bookings.tsv and the prices export filename is now prices.tsv. Previously they were bookings.txt and prices.txt. The .tsv should provide a better mapping to suitable applications on most computers.
- The bookings selected for the booking export file should now be consistent with the booking list selection filters. Previously some of the list filters were not respected by the export.
- There is a new address validation type "enhanced", which makes address line 2 and county/state mandatory.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 4.
Version 17.10, 10 July 2020
- Fix for an error when using the Save button after editing a CSS file.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Beta 1.
Version 17.09, 29 May 2020
- Fix for notifier not running on SunOS servers.
- Updated Polish and Dutch translations.
Version 17.08, 4 May 2020
- Fixes for some notice errors in PHP 7.4
- Fix for optional lead source non-optional on the booking form.
- Back end bookings now default to the filtered unit.
- New option in General Configuration to make front end access require login.
- Telephone number fields are now input type="tel", which shows the correct keypad on mobile devices. This required some changes to the base CSS file.
- Google Fonts are now loaded with display=swap which speeds up initial page drawing.
- New text template, "Booking Cancelled", shown on the My Booking page for bookings in Cancelled status.
- The financial report now shows the number of nights.
Version 17.07, 30 March 2020
- There is a new option in the booking configuration options to allow cancelled bookings to see the My Booking page.
- The booking status has been added to the details at the top of the My Booking page, and there are some minor CSS changes that improve both the Payment Confirmation and My Booking pages.
Version 17.06, 27 March 2020
- Version 17.05 introduced a bug in the notifier logic that caused the daily process to run hourly. Fixed.
Version 17.05, 26 March 2020
- Better handling of bookings with zero initial cost. Please see "Zero Cost Bookings" in the latest user guide.
- Discount fixed amounts are now limited to the base price of the booking. If a discount has a fixed amount greater than the base price of a booking, the balance of the discount can no longer discount the deposit or extras cost.
- Incoming iCal synchronisation tasks are no longer unpublished when an error occurs. Please see "Logging and Error Reporting" in the Booking Synchronisation section of the latest user guide.
- The algorithm for matching guest names when processing incoming iCal files is now smarter and more tolerant of small differences.
- The schedule report export now includes the number of adults, children and babies.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 12.
Version 17.04, 24 February 2020
- Fix for unit translations not appearing in the back end unit editor.
Version 17.03, 21 February 2020
- Fix for a bug that caused the unit search context to be lost when paging search results, if the search was initiated from the plugin and the search panel was disabled in the unit search menu item.
- The financial report now includes cancelled bookings. Previously, cancelled bookings were excluded. If you retain part of the funds from a cancelled booking, these should be included in the financial report.
- CSS fix to ensure that the daily view months are all the same width. Previously, if some months included changeovers and some did not, the months could be different widths. The problem was more noticeable in some languages than others.
Version 17.02, 6 February 2020
- Fix for a bug, since version 17.01, that resulted in an empty iCal export file where the export was for a specific status.
Version 17.01, 22 January 2020
- Fixed: Documents on the My Booking page were not correctly served for bookings in status completed.
- Fixed: In some cases the Book and Enquire buttons appended to the daily view did not propagate the unit ID.
- For multilanguage sites, the Language code is removed from Rentalot Plus generated URL's when the "Remove URL Language Code" option of the Language Filter plugin is enabled.
- The validation of the "Title" field on the back end booking page has been relaxed to allow the inclusion of numbers. The validation was enhanced in version 17.00 but apparently some people were using it as an order number.
- There is a new Availability Option to show price comments on the classic availability table.
- There is a new iCal export option to include all bookings, or only those bookings that originated in Rentalot Plus.
- The booking source indicator (added in version 16.00) is now visible on the back end booking page.
- The individual components of the daily view tooltips now have classes, enabling much fuller styling.
- There are some minor cosmetic changes to the base CSS file, including some new styling of the daily view tooltips.
- The front end date format "Mon 20 Jan 20" has been changed to "Mon 20 Jan 2020".
- The front end date format "20 January 20" has been changed to "20 January 2020".
- The tooltips of the Booking Overview report now include the full booking dates using the selected front end date format.
- When an online payment fails or is cancelled by the user, the Post Payment page is shown, with the Failed Payment text template. Previous versions used the Failed Payment text template on a blank page.
- There is a new text template "Post payment text - offline payment". The original "Post payment text" template is now used only for online payments.
- The daily view click logic now automatically swaps dates if they are selected in the wrong order, i.e. if an earlier date is selected after a later date.
Version 17.00, 9 December 2019
- Price periods can now have comments that are shown in the daily view tooltips.
- There's a new Price creation tool, "Clone".
- The My Booking page can now have top text and bottom text.
- There's a new Special Menu Item for the post payment page.
- Three new Extra types, per child per day, per child per week, and per child per booking.
- Multi-language navigation enhancements.
- Four new variables.
- Updated Spanish and Catalan translations.
- Font change to fix incorrect accents in French.
- As usual for a major release, please see the Upgrade Guide for more details.
Version 16.04, 26 August 2019
- The My Booking page no longer allows new payments if there is an uncleared pending payment outstanding for the booking. Pending payments must clear or fail before further payments can be made.
- Fix for an invalid iCal export file created when the date booked is not set for a booking, for example when a booking is created manually in the back end. This could cause the iCal file not to import in some calendars, for example Google and Trip Advisor.
- Several fixes for emails and system log entries being created in the wrong language on multi-language sites.
Version 16.03, 25 June 2019
- Dates in reminder emails are now correctly translated to the booking language.
- iCal import tasks now allow you to configure the number of seconds to wait for a connection to the remote server.
- You can now set a rounding precision for currency conversions, but please see the user guide for details.
- The booking form can now have a custom title, top text, and bottom text set in the menu item.
- Another responsive improvement for the Classic view - the arrival and departure date columns now combine into a single column on very small screens.
Version 16.02, 18 March 2019
- Fixed a bug in the application of unit-specific min/max days where a period overlaps a year-end.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause payments not to be marked as paid in the booking record.
- The min and max attributes of the extras number entry fields are now set to the minimum and maximum numbers allowed for the extra.
Version 16.01, 26 February 2019
- The My Booking link was missing from the booking administration documents page (in version 16.00).
- The Dutch language files have been fully updated for version 16.
Version 16.00, 23 February 2019
- Complete re-work of iCal import/export configuration and operation. Please see the Upgrade Guide and the User Guide for details.
- Reminder emails can now be sent directly to clients. Please see the Upgrade Guide and the User Guide for details.
- Reminder emails can now have negative days before, i.e. can be sent after the event.
- Extras with a maximum availability of one, now have a checkbox on the booking form instead of a numeric field.
- The extras table rows now have id's and classes to facilitate detailed styling.
- Further responsive improvements to the daily with prices view on very small mobiles.
- The extras bar chart now shows details by year for each individual extra.
- The payments due report now has date filtering like the other reports.
- Fix for the unit name text not correctly translated in some cases.
- Fix for unit names, extra names and leadsource names not correctly translated in emails.
- Fixes for some PHP Notice errors on single language sites in recent versions of Joomla.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 6.
Version 15.03, 26 January 2019
- The enquiry form now has the option to use Google reCaptcha.
- The check availability and booking forms now update their prices automatically when any selection is changed.
- The unit search view has a new option to show the search results in random order.
- Extras can now have negative prices.
- The Name field of My Booking templates is now translatable.
- There is a new option to not show prices on the daily availability popup window.
- The "None" and HTML5 date pickers have been removed because the check and book forms did not work properly with these options.
- Minor responsive CSS improvements for the classic view and the daily with prices view.
- The date picker themes have been updated.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 6.
Version 15.02, 18 October 2018
- Fixes for two more bugs introduced in version 15.00.
- - On multi-language sites with separate menu items for the book and enquire views for each language, the correct menu item was not always chosen for use by the book and enquire buttons.
- - On the daily view, changeover days followed by an un-priced period were not clickable.
- A Catalan translation is now included.
Version 15.01, 30 September 2018
- Fixes for three bugs introduced in version 15.00.
- - Unable to send emails from the booking "Send email" page, on single language sites.
- - Unit specific period overrides were not applied correctly.
- - On the daily view, changeover days followed by a booked period were not clickable.
Version 15.00, 23 September 2018
- Please read the Upgrade guide before installing this release as there are some things you need to do.
- User selections are now stored in the Joomla session data instead of hidden fields, which does a much better job of maintaining context as the user moves around your site.
- The front end no longer uses Bootstrap and can run with or without any version of Bootstrap loaded.
- Now runs in Joomla 4 (Alpha 4) as well as Joomla 3.7.0 and above.
- There are now six front end date selection modes to choose from, including arrival/number of nights, check-in/check-out, collection/return, etc.
- Users can now stay at the booking form to check different pricing options. The booking form never diverts to the check availability view.
- The booking, enquiry and check forms have been re-designed and now use Ajax.
- There are new options for field configuration on the enquiry and booking forms.
- The search form has been simplified and re-designed and is now much more mobile-friendly.
- Attributes can now be searchable or unsearchable, enabling the search form to be further simplified.
- There's now a choice of four different colour schemes, and CSS customisation is much easier than before.
- The Plugin now has an Enquiry view.
- Google maps can now be responsive.
- There are new options for defining calendar start and end dates
- In the back end:
- There's a new price creation page that can create prices for irregular periods.
- Booking records now list the associated payments in Payage, with direct links to them.
- Bookings now store the client's preferred language.
- Booking documents can now be created in any site language, defaulting to the booking language.
- There is a change to the way that the %T_SALUTATION% variable works, which requires your attention. Please see the Upgrade guide.
- There are a number of other minor fixes and changes.
Version 14.06, 9 July 2018
- Version 14.05 contained a bug in the processing of the daily availability popup buttons. It has been fixed.
Version 14.05, 8 July 2018
- There's a new configuration section for data anonymisation and deletion periods.
- You can now override minimum days, maximum days and security deposit for specific periods, per unit.
- Some minor cosmetic fixes to the front end, especially the form fields. Responsive improvements to the classic view and search form.
- The daily with prices table has an extra class to enable it to be styled differently, and it's now a little smaller.
- There's a new option to control the size of the jQuery date picker on the front end.
- Minor bugs fixed in the Booking Overview report, Schedule report, and Financial report.
- Several of the report downloads could include extra random data following the report. This has been fixed.
- The admin-side booking page has been re-organised into four tabs. In the Template editor, the variables are now on a separate tab and in three columns.
- There are four new variables %T_PEOPLE%, %T_NIGHTS%, %T_DAYS%, and %T_BOOKING_DATE%.
- The booking export file now includes the booking reference.
- There is now a separate text template for the email sent to the user in response to the enquiry form.
- If iCal auto-import is configured, the system does an extra import when the online booking form is invoked.
- iCal import has a new option to take the client name from the iCal PRODID record.
- Bug fix for the CSS file override location.
Version 14.04, 25 February 2018
- Added a 500ms delay to the tooltips on the daily availability calendar, which greatly improves usability.
- The numbers of adults, children and babies are now stored separately on the booking record, and there are three new variables %T_NUM_ADULTS%, %T_NUM_CHILDREN%, %T_NUM_BABIES%.
- Three new Extra price types, Per adult per booking, Per adult per day and Per adult per week.
- Extra prices are now correctly calculated in the back end, according to the numbers of adults, children and babies (previously, extras prices that depended on the number of people were only calculated correctly on the front end).
- Extras that have their default number = minimum = maximum are shown on the booking form as read-only so that the user cannot select any other value.
- Individual units can now have different Payage payment groups, i.e. different payment gateway accounts.
- Deleting a booking now triggers an iCal auto-export.
- iCal export now includes bookings where the departure date is in the future, rather than the arrival date.
- You can now select the booking statuses that are included in the iCal auto-export.
- The iCal export configuration page has been simplified, and there is now a preview button.
- Bug fix: The pagination links on the payments due report were not working.
- Bug fix: The booking export did not correctly select bookings between the from and to dates selected on the booking list.
- The Reset button on the reports now resets the pagination as well as the filters.
- The block view CSS styling has been updated.
- Active bookings are now highlighted on the booking list.
- There are 7 new plugin views, enabling construction of highly customised unit displays.
Version 14.03, 17 November 2017
- Fix for a bug introduced in version 14.02 that could prevent the notifier completing in some configurations.
- Fix for an issue introduced in version 14.01 that could cause the front end to switch language unpredictably in some rare circumstances.
- You can now choose the language that the Notifier process runs with (in Configuration, Notifier).
- The Dutch translation has been fully updated.
Version 14.02, 7 November 2017
- On the 1st of November 2017 Yahoo terminated their exchange rate API service with no notice or warning. This release downloads exchange rates from openexchangerates.org. Please see the latest user guide for the additional configuration step required.
- The iCal import Preview button now uses the saved import settings, not the fields on the import settings page. In version 14.01 the Preview button used the unsaved page fields, which was not the intended functionality.
Version 14.01, 27 October 2017
- The popup dialog on the clickable daily view now includes its own book, enquire, and "Change dates" buttons.
- On the clickable daily view, if bookings are restricted to arrival and departure on changeover days only, other days are not clickable.
- The notifier plugin is no longer needed and is uninstalled by the installation of this version.
- The iCal sync functions are now on two separate pages accessed from the configuration menu. There is no longer a "sync" button on the booking list.
- iCal files can now be imported automatically with checks every hour.
- iCal manual export now has separate filters, which are persistent across logins.
- Guest names can now be extracted from iCal files using a regular expression.
- Individual Units can now be bookable online or not.
- There are new variables for the individual address fields.
- Variables can now have a default value, e.g %T_EXTRAS;No extras%.
- The booking list, price list, and report filter settings are now persistent across logins.
- You can now configure various input date formats for the admin interface.
- There is a new date format for both input and output, DD-MM-YYYY.
- The Lead Sources are now translatable.
- The translated unit name and short description are now shown on the "all units" Google map.
- The link icons on the block view now look more like buttons.
- There are some new extra/attribute icons.
- On the daily view, booked changeover days were previously clickable, now they are not.
- There's a further fix for multiple select lists appearing when the jQuery Chosen extension is loaded.
- The Serbian translation has been removed because it hadn't been updated for a long time.
Version 14.00, 26 June 2017
- Rentalot Plus is now fully multi-language with built-in translation of all objects. Please see the Upgrade Guide for full details. The demo site has been upgraded to multi-language so that you can see how the translation system works.
- There's a brand new selection of over 150 clean, modern, frameless, transparent icons for both attributes and extras. There's also a new way to control the size of the icons.
- The front end has a brand new, softer and more modern default colour scheme. Please see the demo site for a preview.
- There are new options for the booking address fields and address validation.
- The styling and timing of the pricing dialogs on the daily view have been improved to make the system easier for users to understand and use.
- There are six new jQuery date picker themes. The Joomla and MooTools date pickers are deprecated. There are some more minor changes and new features.
- Please read the Upgrade Guide before upgrading to this release.
Version 13.03, 9 May 2017
- You can now configure the maximum number of nights that can be booked online.
- The security deposit and minimum and maximum nights are now configured per unit instead of globally.
- The guest name has been added to the payment item name to make it easier to match bookings with external payment statements.
- It's now possible to add additional details to the Booking Details panel on the My Booking page (see the User Guide for how to do this).
- Merged emails can now be sent to any email addresses, not just the client's address.
- The output date formats YYYY-MM-DD and DD.MM.YYYY added in version 13.01 did not work in the classic view. This has been fixed.
- Re-coding of deprecated Joomla functions, in preparation for future Joomla versions. The minimum Joomla version required is now 3.4.8.
- Minor cosmetic fixes.
Version 13.02, 20 February 2017
- Fixed a bug that could result in failure to correctly merge some variables into the post payment text on some sites.
- Also fixed a bug that caused an error when editing a currency record.
Version 13.01, 26 January 2017
- iCal import/export improved handling of escaped text according to RFC2445.
- iCal import splits names into salutation, forenames, and surnames.
- Fixed: Some characters in HTML My Documents did not display properly in some browsers.
- Added two new output date format choices, YYYY-MM-DD and DD.MM.YYYY.
Version 13.00, 22 January 2017
- Significant improvements to the daily availability calendar, now showing departure dates as half red/half green, etc. Please see the upgrade guide for a full description.
- The My Booking page now shows clients a summary of their booking, allows them to make payments, and download documents.
- Documents (e.g. an invoice) can now be produced automatically.
- There are 12 new template variables and two new sample templates.
- Lists and reports in the back end now have start and end date filters instead of the previous arrangement.
- There's a new "Edit All" page where you can edit up to 500 prices at once.
- Please see the upgrade guide for a fuller description of these and more enhancements.
Version 12.04, 11 January 2017
- Fixed: Subsequent online payments for online bookings have not been recorded on the booking record since version 12.03. This means that any further payments will request the wrong amount from the client. The problem is fixed in version 12.04 but you should check that payments received since you updated to version 12.03 are ticked in the relevant booking records. The payments were processed correctly, they are correctly recorded in Payage, and the client received the email acknowledging the payment. But you do need to check that they are ticked in the booking records.
Version 12.03, 23 November 2016
- Option to automatically trigger an iCal export every time a booking is created or changed.
- You can now change the iCal export file name, including moving it to a different directory.
- There's now a choice of ways to include the client name in iCal exports.
- Outgoing emails and payment events are now logged to the System Log.
- Some French and German translation updates.
Version 12.02, 11 November 2016
- Support for the Joomla Update Notification System.
- The notifier plugin now logs its activity to a database table (the System Log) which is much easier to view and search than the old log files.
- The enquiry and booking forms now use the specific HTML5 field types for email and numeric fields, which provides a usability improvement on mobile devices.
- There are new versions of both plugins that also support the Joomla Update System. Upgrading the plugins is optional; The old versions continue to work with this release.
Version 12.01, 26 October 2016
- Fixed a minor bug in the back end: The attribute images did not show on the Unit list and Unit configuration page. Also increased the CSS z-index of the popup pricing overlay of the daily view.
Version 12.00, 22 October 2016
- The daily view tooltips and click functions have been completely re-written to be much more mobile-friendly.
- The Tooltips and click functions can now be configured separately.
- Please read the notes in the Upgrade Guide before upgrading to this release.
Version 11.02, 6 October 2016
- Rentalot Plus now supports the import and export of iCal (.ics) files to synchronise bookings with external calendars.
Version 11.01, 26 September 2016
- The security deposit can now be collected as a completely separate final payment. Please see the latest user guide for an example of how to do this.
Version 11.00, 29 July 2016
- Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported. Since this is a major release please see the Upgrade Guide for full details of all changes.
- Bookings can now have user defined fields, and there are new template variables for the user defined fields.
- Units now have map coordinates, and the new map view can draw maps for one or all units. See the demo site for examples.
- The booking reference field is now defaulted to the unique record ID if it is left blank.
- The backend booking list is now searchable by booking reference, record ID, or name.
- The front end enquiry and booking form layouts have been improved.
- The two plugins are not affected and have not been updated for this release.
Version 10.16, 22 April 2016
- Enquiries now have three separate fields for the client name.
- Fixed: Attributes assignments did not save with unit descriptions (broken since 10.13).
Version 10.15, 7 April 2016
- Fix for the email sending problem in Joomla 3.5.1 - more information here.
Version 10.14, 28 March 2016
- Fixed: The admin charts did not work in PHP 7.
- Updated the Danish language translation.
Version 10.13, 18 March 2016
- Added an email test button to General Configuration.
- Changed the Search form from a Post to a Get so that users can go back easily.
Version 10.12, 29 February 2016
- There are now three options for scheduling payment of the security deposit:
1: Add it to the total cost and apportion over all payments (as in previous versions).
2: Collect entirely with the first payment.
3: Collect entirely with the last payment.
- There is a new option (in booking options) to show or not show the price detail list on the booking form.
- There is a new option (in booking options) to define the menu itemid of the payment return page, so that you can define the modules that appear on that page.
- There is a new email variable, %T_AMOUNT_DUE_NOW% - the total amount due as of today and not yet paid.
- Mandatory fields (and their labels) on the enquiry and booking form can now be targetted in css.
- If the enquiry list field is mandatory, this is not enforced if the list field has less than 2 items.
Version 10.11, 29 January 2016
- Fixed a bug in the admin booking list, where the filters sometimes did not select all of the bookings that they should have.
Version 10.10, 11 January 2016
- Fixed a bug in the booking overview report that caused bookings to be repeated for the wrong units.
- Front end views have an additional option to centralise top images.
Version 10.09, 18 October 2015
- The start and end date in all of the availability views can now be set to a number of months in the future. This can provide a huge improvement, for example showing a self-maintaining 12 month view.
- Minimum days now applies to enquiries as well as bookings.
- The booking overview chart now includes bookings that end in the selected period, as well as bookings that start in the selected period.
- Supports the collapsible sidebar in Joomla 3.4.
- Various cosmetic improvements in the admin interface.
Version 10.08, 25 March 2015
- Fixed a bug (from version 10.05) that meant that not all the date filters were actioned during the booking export.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the booking overview chart to show the wrong dates on some servers.
Version 10.07, 11 January 2015
- Fixed a bug (introduced in version 10.06) that could sometimes cause automatic notification emails not to be sent.
- Included an updated Dutch langage file kindly donated by a customer.
- Removed the Norwegian language file as it was very outdated.
Version 10.06, 18 December 2014
- The client name is now entered in three separate parts, salutation, forenames, and surname. There are new text variables that enable the parts to be used separately in texts and emails.
- The client address is now entered in separate fields, including an optional country select list. A new booking option enables enhanced address validation, which was necessary to support the SagePay payment gateway.
- All "label" elements on input forms now have "for" attributes, which provides a better experience on touchscreens.
Version 10.05, 23 August 2014
- The booking list, financial report and schedule report can now be filtered to start at any selected month and year, and show a specific number of months. Very useful for owners with large numbers of bookings.
- The plugin has a new optional parameter "link_title" for the Unit view only.
- A small change was required to work with the Barclaycard ePDQ payment gateway introduced in version 1.03 of Payage.
- Fixed an HTML error (an unclosed div) that occurred if extras were configured to be displayed but no extras existed.
Version 10.04, 7 August 2014
- BUG FIX: Read More links on the plugin calls were not being actioned. This has been fixed.
Version 10.03, 20 July 2014
- The MooTools date pickers are now responsive.
- 2 new template variables for Arrival and Departure days.
- Some minor enhancements.
Version 10.02, 4 May 2014
- BUG FIX: The plugin generated a fatal error when displaying the classic availability table. This has been fixed.
Version 10.01, 17 April 2014
- Pending payments now do not tick the "paid" box in bookings.
Version 10.00, 14 April 2014
- Rentalot Plus now uses Payage to manage its payments and payment gateways. Payage is our free Joomla component dedicated to the management of payments and payment gateways. If you are upgrading from a previous release of Rentalot Plus please see the Upgrade Guide for more details.
- Rentalot Plus now supports discount vouchers.
Older history has been removed.