Version 8.03, 26 October 2019
- The product filter was missing from several of the reports in version 8.02.
Version 8.02, 4 October 2019
- New German translation
- Fix for the "last 12 months" report date selection, so that it includes all of the last selected month.
- The product list can now sort by ID.
- Page title for menu items can now be removed by setting it to "-".
- The daily stats chart product filter list now includes free products.
- There is a new General Configuration option to log details of visits to the checkout page in the System Log.
- When a free download limit is exceeded, the product name is logged, and, if there is an ipinfodb.com API key, the country code is also logged.
- Cosmetic fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 11.
- The installer drops columns from the transaction table that were no longer used since Payage took over payments in April 2014.
Version 8.01, 20 April 2019
- Fixed an error saving the purchase ID on the About page.
- Fixed handling of archived products on the product list.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 6.
Version 8.00, 18 December 2018
- You can now offer subscription renewals, with discounts and time limits.
- Customer download URL's can now be shortened by using a menu item alias.
- You can now configure various time periods for data retention and anonymisation.
- Prices now have additional text, per price option, for terms and conditions that appear on the payment confirmation page.
- Several fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 5.
- You can now place a limit on the number of free downloads per IP address per day.
- The new System Log page shows all emails sent, and other important system activity.
- There are some new options for showing price option lists.
- Free and paid download buttons now have different styles.
- Numerous cosmetic and other minor improvements.
Version 7.10, 6 March 2018
- Now supports Joomla 4 (Alpha). The minimum Joomla version is now 3.7.0.
- Transaction search field options changed - see the latest user guide.
- Fixed: The reset button did not work on some of the reports.
Version 7.09, 27 February 2018
- Fixed a bug that prevented saving a new currency format in General Configuration (broken since version 7.07).
Version 7.08, 27 October 2017
- Fixed a bug that caused a PHP error when editing product group memberships.
- Transaction searching fixed for some unusual cases.
Version 7.07, 31 August 2017
- Buyers can now have the option to receive an email one week before their subscription expires.
- The download page now shows useful information for transactions in any status, as well as allowing the buyer to opt in or out of the expiry reminder email.
- The Order Status page now allows entry of an email address or a Transaction ID.
- Transactions now record a text version of the original price terms with each transaction at the time the transaction is created.
- Three new text templates, "Download manual text", "Download badtid text", and "Email text deivered" (see the user guide for details).
- Twoe text templates have been removed: "Thanks manual text" and "Pending text".
- You can now configure a button (the "non-download" button) to be shown in file lists for files that cannot be downloaded until paid for.
- Product icons can now be selected from any directory and with any name.
- Image buttons are deprecated in favour of CSS buttons. Existing image buttons still work for now but you should switch to CSS buttons.
- You can now edit the buyer's first name and email address on the transaction edit page.
- Two new text variables %OPTION% and %TIME_LEFT%.
- Deleted the Romanian, Polish and German translations as they had not been updated for a long time.
Version 7.06, 2 June 2017
- You can now edit the client name on the transaction edit page.
- Re-coding of deprecated Joomla functions, in preparation for future Joomla versions. The minimum Joomla version required is now 3.4.8.
Version 7.05, 29 December 2016
- Added the https_checkout option (see the latest user guide).
- Collection of statistics on visits to the Payment Confirmation page, and inclusion on the daily stats chart.
- The country code determined from the user's IP address is now stored separately from the country code supplied by the payment gateway.
- The purchase IP address is also stored separately, in addition to the latest IP address used.
- The CSS and image files have been moved from the component directory to the /media directory.
- You can now search for a product by ID on the admin product list page.
- The validation and error handling on the invoice request form has been improved.
Version 7.04, 7 December 2016
- Fixed a bug in the install script which caused a SQL error on a new installation.
- Fix for a PHP Notice error that could occur on some systems with version 7.03.
- Show the status of expired delivered manual transactions more correctly on the link recovery page.
Version 7.03, 28 November 2016
- The About page now shows your detailed transaction status and expiry date.
- Fixed: The plugin did not correctly load the component language file (since 7.00)
Version 7.02, 21 November 2016
- Fixed: Unable to save General Configuration.
Version 7.01, 14 November 2016
- The Daily Stats Chart can now filter by sales, downloads and hits.
- The Purchase ID has moved to the About page.
Version 7.00, 6 November 2016
- Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported.
- Support for the Joomla Update Notification System.
- Version 5.00 of the MediaShop Plugin also supports the Joomla Update System.
Version 6.04, 6 July 2016
- The "Download Link Recovery" view is renamed to the "Order Status and Download Link Recovery" view, and is greatly enhanced to show more details of transactions in various statuses.
- There is a new transaction field "note to client", that is shown on the client's download page and on the "Order Status and Download Link Recovery" page. Download pages now show more useful information for Manual, Delivered and Refunded transactions.
Version 6.03, 25 March 2016
- Failed and cancelled payments now use the configured download page ItemId.
- Minor cosmetic and html fixes.
Version 6.02, 10 June 2015
- The plugin can now display download counts.
- Some minor improvements to handling of payment errors for manual delivery and blocked countries.
Version 6.01, 19 March 2015
- Fixed: Some of the report date filters did not work properly in version 6.00.
- The collapsable sidebar in Joomla 3.4 is now supported.
Version 6.00, 18 February 2015
- You can now block sales to selected countries, or set countries to "manual delivery". See the latest version of the user guide for full details.
- You can now configure the columns and filters shown on the admin transaction list
- There are several new email merge variables
- Products can now have up to 5 user defined fields.
Version 5.04, 19 December 2014
- You can now edit the price amounts in a transaction created in the back end.
- Added a new report, the Country Sales List.
Version 5.03, 4 October 2014
- Automatic generation of customer invoices
- Added a new report: Monthly Sales Summary
- Fixed browser detection for IE11+
- Toolbar buttons re-ordered to be more consistent with standard Joomla components
Version 5.02, 22 July 2014
- Fixed the Terms and Conditions feature, broken since version 5.00.
- Added a 15 minute timeout on the payment confirmation page.
- Added a Save As Copy button on the product editor.
Version 5.01, 21 April 2014
- Fixed a bug from version 5.00, that prevented transactions being created in the back end.
Version 5.00, 5 April 2014
- MediaShop now uses Payage to manage its payments and payment gateways. Payage is our free Joomla component dedicated to the management of payments and payment gateways. If you are upgrading from a previous release of MediaShop you must install Payage before upgrading to this release, and you will need to configure your payment gateway account(s) in Payage as your MediaShop payment accounts will no longer be active.
Version 4.00, 22 January 2014
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 are no longer supported.
- MooTools is no longer used and no longer loaded.
- Several new transaction search options.
- New product type of "Separator".
- Automatially logs a notes entry if the expiry date or number of downloads are changed by admin.
- Sends an email to the configured admin email address if a front-end download fails.
- Can now select a price and price option when creating a transaction in the back end.
Older history has been removed.