Version 6.06, 17 March 2021
- The code has been restructured to minimise overhead for articles that do not use Plotalot.
- The way that plugin parameters (P0, P1, P2, etc) are passed to the component has changed to enable them to be correctly escaped and quoted.
Version 6.05, 11 February 2021
- The error handling parameters "error_img" and "error_txt" now apply in several additional cases. The user guide has more details and an example.
Version 6.04, 30 September 2020
- The plugin now does not generate charts when the Joomla document format is 'raw', since this causes errors in Joomla.
Version 6.03, 30 May 2020
- Fix for two notice errors shown in PHP 7.4 on some servers.
Version 6.02, 21 March 2020
- Unfortuantely some data types could not be processed without the use of eval(). We will try again later to completely eliminate the use of eval(), but for now, it has been reinstated.
Version 6.01, 9 March 2020
Version 6.00, 10 October 2018
- This version is compatible with version 6 and later of the component. You must upgrade to version 6 of the plugin when upgrading to version 6 of the component. Plotalot now uses Google's new method of loading the Google Charts Library, which removes the browser console warning "A parser-blocking, cross site script is invoked via document.write".
Version 5.07, 1 May 2018
- CSV download now works on more browsers, tested and working in recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE11 and Edge.
Version 5.06, 23 August 2017
- Handles the CSV download option in version 5.13 of the component.
- If the Chart ID on the plugin call is non-numeric, it is used as the name of a Get or Post parameter containing the actual Chart ID.
Version 5.05, 20 December 2016
- There is now an optional "class" parameter that allows you to add a CSS class to the div element containing the chart. This makes CSS control of chart sizing and responsiveness much easier.
Version 5.04, 1 December 2016
- Improvements to tracing, which are very helpful for resolving complex plugin problems, especially when using the plugin variables or get/post variables. Version 5.09 (or higher) of the component is required to take advantage of the new tracing, but the new plugin can still work with older versions of the component, and the new component can still work with older versions of the plugin.
Version 5.03, 15 November 2016
- Support for the Joomla Update Notification System.
Version 5.02, 17 May 2016
- Added a random parameter to auto-update requests in order to defeat caching, especially in the MS Edge browser.
- Fix for a problem with resolution of multiple select variables in recent versions of Joomla.
Version 5.01, 17 April 2016
- Fix for a bug that prevented auto-refresh working properly for charts with date axes. Unfortunately this also required a change to the component. For auto-refresh to work properly with date axes, you must have (at least) version 5.04 of the component AND (at least) version 5.01 of the plugin.
Version 5.00, 14 January 2016
- Has a new parameter, "refresh" to automatically update and re-draw charts without re-drawing the entire page.
- Includes logic to handle the external database objects introduced in version 5.00 of the component.
- Now handles its parameters delimited by any kind of quotes, including smart quotes and html entities.
Version 4.03, 2 October 2015
- The plugin now supports drawing an optional link to a png image of the chart, which can be downloaded by the user.
- This feature requires version 4.05 (or later) of the Plotalot Component.
Version 4.02, 18 April 2014
- The plugin has a new optional parameter, "full_width" to draw charts in a div without the display:"inline-block" style. See the user guide for usage.
Version 4.01, 20 February 2014
- Charts are now drawn in a DIV (with display:inline-block) instead of a SPAN, which fixes a problem with positioning of tooltips on some charts.
Version 4.00, 17 February 2014
- Internal changes for compatibility with version 4 of the Plotalot component.
- Get and Post data variable arrays are now supported, for example from "select multiple" input elements.
Older history has been removed.