Version 15.04, 21 March 2019
- Fields can now have default values that include Joomla custom fields for logged-in users.
- Maximum fields on a form is now 200.
- Fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 6
Version 15.03, 11 February 2019
- Fixed a bug (since 15.01) that caused the wrong language to be pre-selected in the language selector when editing an existing config. If you didn't notice it, you might accidentally save the config for the wrong language.
- Also fixed some PHP Notice errors with recent versions of Joomla, although these would only be visible with error reporting enabled.
Version 15.02, 11 January 2019
- There was a bug in the log list date selection filtering. This version fixes that bug and also adds selection of relevant individual years.
Version 15.01, 1 January 2019
- Form fields can now be published or unpublished.
- The field editor now has a Save as Copy button.
- You can now configure the folder used to store file attachments on the server.
- The number of days to keep attachments on the server is now only configured in the default config, and applies to all configs.
- The number of days to keep log entries is now only configured in the default config, and applies to all configs.
- Support for the invisible mode of Google reCaptcha, and the Joomla Invisible reCaptcha plugin.
- Use of the Joomla captcha plugin was broken by Joomla 3.9 and is now fixed.
- Several fixes for Joomla 4 Alpha 5.
- There is a new configuration option to add a clear icon to file attachment fields.
- The date picker themes have been updated.
- Field labels can now include HTML.
- Fixed a bug in the positioning of popover arrows in some cases.
Version 15.00, 25 August 2018
- Now supports Joomla 4 (Alpha 3). The minimum Joomla version is now 3.7.0.
- There's a new set of CSS files supporting new features and improvements.
- There's now a choice of styles for validated fields.
- New field type: Multiple vertical checkboxes.
- New field type: Live search, for large lists or lists held in a database table.
- There are new options for attaching files to the admin email, including as a zip archive.
- File attachment details are now shown in the log detail view, with thumbnails of attached images.
- File attachments can now be easily downloaded directly from the log detail view.
- Bootstrap is no longer used on the front end and forms now work with or without any version of Bootstrap loaded.
- There's a new plugin option to load a form in an iframe, enabling multiple forms per page.
- Several button styles can now be selected in general Configuration.
Version 14.01, 25 June 2018
- You can now set a number of days to keep log entries, after which they are automatically deleted.
- There's a new field type, Agreement Required, so that you can have more than one and place them anywhere in the form.
- You can now embed the agreement required link anywhere in the label text.
- The agreement required check is now recorded in the log.
- There's now a variable for the value of the agreement required check.
- There's a new option to set the size of the jQuery date picker.
- Minor cosmetic and alignment fixes, especially around checkboxes in some unusual cases.
- In the back end, the field list up/down icons now use Ajax for improved speed.
- A new optional export interface function directly calls a specified PHP function, passing it all the form and config data.
- The contact form can now function when Bootstrap is not loaded or not working correctly.
Version 14.00, 1 April 2018
- All the CSS files have been updated and are now much more consistent across browsers and templates. Their new structure makes them much easier to customise. There's a new CSS file for very large forms.
- Custom checkboxes, radio buttons and animation effects are now a configuration option for all CSS files.
- There are new options for alignment of inline fields, making it much easier to build multi-column forms with perfect alignment.
- There is a new field type, HTML, which allows you to include your own HTML content anywhere on a form.
- Tooltips are now called "Help text" and there's a new help text style: "visible".
- Captcha images now have non-blank alt text to improve SEO ranking.
- The CSS files and other assets used on the front end have been moved from the component directory to the /media directory.
- The original 20 default image captcha images are no longer included - just download the image pack of your choice.
- In the back end, several configuration pages have been reorganised using tabs. The variables list is now on a separate tab and has been reorganised to make it easier to read.
- Support for Google ReCaptcha version 1 has been removed as the system was switched off on March 31, 2018.
- The MooTools date pickers have been removed. Existing configurations are automatically mapped to the jQuery date picker.
- The MooTools popup form option has been removed. Existing configurations are automatically switched to use jQuery.
- As usual, the user guide has been fully updated with all the changes and new features.
Version 13.02, 17 February 2018
- You can now configure a separate subject for the admin email, which can contain variables. The user email subject can also now contain variables. It's now much easier to fully customise both email subjects.
- Messages blocked by word blocking were not logged in version 13.01. This has been fixed.
- Image captcha themes now load the en-GB theme language if the theme does not have the current site language.
- There are also new versions of some of the image captcha themes. Please install the updated versions of themes that you use.
Version 13.01, 30 September 2017
- Fix for a bug in Joomla 3.8.0 that caused various errors in the plugin. The problem was fixed in Joomla 3.8.1 but this version includes a permanent work-around for the problem in case it recurs in the future.
- FCP now supports several external interfaces including automatic exporting of contacts to CSV files, database tables, and various mailing list systems via the Joomla onSubmitContact event. External systems can also now add fields to the contact form throught the onDrawContactForm event.
- There is now the option to keep uploaded file attachments on the server for a configurable number of days, as well as emailing them to the administrator.
- There is a new variable (%V_LOG_ID%) that can be used in emails and on the confirmation page, that provides a unique serial number for each form submission.
- Field widths now allow complex width specifications like "calc(50% - 2px) !important".
- There are two new CSS files, one with embedded field icons.
- There's now a tooltip on the traditional captcha refresh button "Click to try a different image".
- There are some cosmetic improvements to the modal popup.
- Fix for incorrect image captcha error handling in some rare cases.
- French translation updated.
Version 13.00, 16 July 2017
- All new CSS files with more modern styling, and capable of better layouts especially when using inline fields. See the Form Layouts section of the user guide for details. Existing sites can continue to use their existing CSS files but we encourage you to consider upgrading to the new styles.
- Configurable word and phrase blocking to help prevent manual spam.
- Configurable minimum time between messages sent from the same IP address, also to prevent manual spam.
- You can now configure a separate subject line for the email sent to the user.
- In the back end, the "Front end styles" page now shows a better list of CSS files and allows you to edit and delete them. For convenience, "Multiple Configurations" has moved to the main menu.
Version 12.00, 8 June 2017
- File attachment fields can now select multiple files.
- File attachment fields can now have a custom error message that applies if the field is mandatory but no file is selected.
- Uploaded files can optionally be scanned for security.
- File upload errrors are now shown in the log.
- Re-coding of deprecated Joomla functions in preparation for future Joomla versions. The minimum Joomla version required is now 3.4.8.
- There are six new jQuery date picker themes. The Joomla and MooTools date pickers are still supported for now but are deprecated.
- The original MooTools modal popup is replaced with a jQuery responsive modal. The old MooTools popup is still supported but is deprecated.
- There is a new frameless CSS file that works well for popup forms.
- Some back end error messages have been clarified.
Version 11.11, 4 February 2017
- New field type Multi Select Listbox.
- Fields can now have the html5 autofocus attribute.
- modal2 plugin calls can now have quotes in the link text.
- Image captcha height and width can now be left blank to show images at their natural size.
- In the template editor you can now click on a variable to copy it to the clipboard.
Version 11.10, 9 December 2016
- Fix for a PHP Notice error that could occur on some systems with version 11.09.
Version 11.09, 28 November 2016
- The About page now shows your detailed transaction status and expiry date.
Version 11.08, 10 November 2016
- Enable mailto: links to be in the email templates.
Version 11.07, 8 November 2016
- Supports the Joomla Update System. Joomla will automatically notify you of new releases, and you can install them using the Extensions Update Manager.
- Now supports the Joomla ReCaptcha plugin, and other compatible third party captcha plugins.
Version 11.06, 25 September 2016
- Forms can now have separate first and last name fields.
- The existing single name field will continue to be supported indefinitely.
Version 11.05, 3 July 2016
- Each field on a form can now have its own specific error message.
- Multiple horizontal checkboxes can now be mandatory - i.e. at least one box must be checked.
- Left and right checkboxes can now default to checked.
- Field prompts and other text items can now include the & character.
Version 11.04, 24 April 2016
- Changed the CSS editor back to a plain textarea. It became an editor field in 11.00, which does not work well with wysiwyg editors.
- Updated the Dutch and German translations.
- The field editor now has a "Save and New" button.
- Fixed the v11_modern.css to respect the fieldset border option.
Version 11.03, 7 April 2016
- Fix for Joomla 3.5.1
- Fixed: General configuration was unable to save multiple email addresses in the cc and bcc fields.
- Text fields can now be hidden, and can be used to propagate external variables to the confirmation page or the emails - see the Advanced Techniques section of the latest user guide for more details.
Version 11.02, 23 February 2016
- Support the compact option of Google no-captcha.
- The contact page view now has an optional width parameter.
- A new css file - v11_modern.css
- Plugin calls can now include variables that can be used in default field values.
Version 11.01, 9 February 2016
- Fixed a bug that could cause a blank screen in the admin interface, if a contact form was configured without a "From Address" field.
Version 11.00, 31 January 2016
- Joomla 2.5 is no longer supported. Version 10.06 will continue to be available for Joomla 2.5 users.
- Version 11 has many new features and advances that make it easier than ever to build and configure great contact forms with modern features.
- The supplied CSS files are all brand new and have been re-organised to make it quicker and easier to change colours, fonts and sizes. Responsiveness is better than ever.
- You can continue to use CSS files built for previous versions, but the new files are more flexible and much easier to work with.
- There is now a configuration option to choose whether error messages are shown as text, icons with tooltips, or overlays. There is no longer any need to edit the CSS to change the style.
- There is now a configuration option to select short error messages like "required" or "invalid", or longer, more polite messages like "Please enter a valid email address".
- Fields can now be "inline", i.e. side-by-side on the same row.
- Fieldsets have new features that make it easier than before to organise fields in columns.
- Fieldsets and several other field types now have a configurable border option. Again, no need to edit the CSS.
- There is a new, responsive modal popup mode using Bootstrap. The old MooTools lightbox method is also still supported.
- It's now possible to apply styling to fields (and/or their prompts) that are optional. On forms with few optional fields, it is sometimes preferable to highlight the optional fields rather than the mandatory ones.
- It's now possible to apply styling to the prompt of the field that has the focus.
- Multiple different attached files with the same name are now handled correctly.
- As always, the user guide has been updated to document the new features. There's a new section on form layout, and the section on CSS styling has been re-written and simplified.
Version 10.07, 15 April 2016
- Fix for the Joomla 3.5.1 problem. Most users should upgrade directly to FlexiContactPlus version 11.03, but this release is provided for users who are unable to upgrade to version 11 at this time.
Version 10.06, 12 October 2015
- Maximum field prompt length increased from 50 to 250 characters.
- Handles the Joomla global setting "Include Site Name in Page Titles".
- Handles menu item meta tags.
Version 10.05, 8 March 2015
- Added support for Google NoCaptcha reCaptcha.
- Maximum number of configs changed from 50 to 100
- Logging has been enhanced, and now shows the full text of the admin and user emails, as well as all the email addresses used.
- The collapsable sidebar in Joomla 3.4 is supported
Version 10.04, 20 February 2015
- You can now specify a custom script file to be loaded with the contact form.
- You can now add the autocomplete="off" attribute to the form.
Version 10.03, 24 November 2014
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Send button to be enabled without the user checking the "Agreement required" checkbox.
Version 10.02, 15 November 2014
- Most field types can now have tooltips. Previously, only advanced validation fields could have tooltips. Additionally, field tooltips can now popup when the user hovers over the field itself, or over an adjacent "info" icon.
- The text of the Send button can now be specified in General Configuration. Previously it could only be changed by editing the relevant language file.
- Advanced validation fields can now specify a SQL query (as well as a regular expression), enabling fields to validate against pre-existing database content.
Version 10.01, 6 September 2014
- Fixed: File attachments did not work in IE 11.
Version 10.00, 20 August 2014
- File attachments are now supported. Please see the latest user guide for full details.
- MooTools is no longer available as an option for form handling - jQuery is now used in both Joomla 2.5 and 3.x.
Version 9.04, 24 July 2014
- Added a new CSS file, "large_2", which is particularly mobile friendly. The MooTools date pickers are now responsive. Some minor enhancements to most of the existing CSS files.
Version 9.03, 23 April 2014
- Text fields can now have a placeholder attribute.
Version 9.02, 21 March 2014
- The log export function was broken in versions 9.00 and 9.01. This is now fixed.
Version 9.01, 22 January 2014
- Maximum data length was previously restricted to about 4k. It is now several Mb.
- Major improvements to MooTools date picker themes.
Version 9.00, 19 January 2014
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 are no longer supported.
- In Joomla 3.x, a new configuration option allows you to choose betweeen loading either MooTools or jQuery to handle the tooltips and Ajax communication.
- Popup contact forms now use the class "fcp_modal" instead of "modal" to avoid conflicts with bootstrap.css.
Older history has been removed.